IN RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS, THE SOCIETY OF THE FOUR ARTS IS CLOSED FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON. THE GARDENS ARE OPEN.
Dear Four Arts Members and Friends,
We wish to extend our deepest appreciation to our community for their continued patience, understanding, and unwavering support during the latest public health developments. As always, the staff here at the Society of the Four Arts sends our best wishes for the health and well being of everyone during these difficult times.
In conjunction with the reopening of public parks, golf courses, and tennis centers in Palm Beach County and the Town of Palm Beach, beginning May 1, The Philip Hulitar Sculpture Garden and Four Arts Botanical Gardens, will be open. The gardens will be open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., weather permitting.
The reopening of our gardens comes with restrictions. Per county ordinance, groups of more than 10 will not be permitted to enter the gardens. Visitors are asked to adhere to CDC guidelines while in the gardens or on The Four Arts campus, which includes the wearing of face masks or coverings while also maintaining six feet of distance from anyone outside their household.
Members, guests, and visitors are reminded that there are no public bathrooms available for use in the gardens and that the buildings at The Four Arts will remain closed until further notice in accordance with prior precautions surrounding the Coronavirus pandemic. Photo permits will not be issued.
Several of our gracious partners in the arts community have stepped forward to continue to provide entertaining, educational, and stimulating streamed programming to our guests.
Staff from every department at The Society of the Four Arts are keeping our members and guests aware of all relevant updates. We continue to seek out new and exciting streaming opportunities for your continued entertainment while observing state stay-at-home orders and public health measures such as social distancing.
Highlighted streaming opportunities this week include:
- Select recordings of past speakers from the renowned O’Keeffe Speakers Series.
- NEW! Click here to view Niall Ferguson’s discussion on the power of interconnectedness in society
- Click here to view Arthur Brooks’ talk about behavioral science, art, history and their impacts on leadership
- Click here to view Glenn Lowry’s discussion on the history and restoration of the MoMA
- Click here to view Amber Case’s lecture titled Technology and the Future of the Future
- Click here to view Evan Thomas’s discussion on Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor
- NEW! Watch part two of John Pohanka’s lecture, “The Art of Life of Franco Zeffirelli” which is now available to view online. Click here to watch part one
- Netflix has generously made a selection of their premium documentary features and series available on its YouTube channel to view on demand for free. Select documentaries include the Our Planet series, Chasing Coral, The White Helmets, the Explained series, and many more. Click here to view the selection
- Streaming available from select Opus3 Artists as part of their “Music Continues Program”. Artist performances include Gil Shaham & The Knights, Tony Yun, Jennifer Koh, Ruth Reinhardt, and many more. Click here to learn more!
- Click here to watch a short video about The Four Arts’ art exhibition scheduled for this fall, Ubuhle Women: Beadwork and the Art of Independence
Follow the links below to watch and learn more about our past art exhibition, For America: Paintings from the National Academy of Design:
- Click here to watch NYXT’s profile of The National Academy of Design
- Click here to watch as PBS’s Art Loft goes behind the scenes at the Four Arts
- Click here to watch and learn more about The National Academy of Design
Please note the extensive list of streaming opportunities below which has graciously been provided by several of our partners in the arts community. Thanks to their efforts, members and guests have access to entertaining, educational and stimulating streamed programming. Click the links below to explore programming options and more!
These streaming options include:
- Live in HD Encores Streamed from the Metropolitan Opera
- The National Theatre streaming presentations every Thursday
- Watch & Listen to Performances, Livestreams, Lectures and More from the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- Curtis Institute of Music presents Curtis on Tour providing daily performance videos. All videos are made available for on-demand viewing later
- Livestream Recital of Garrick Ohlsson, piano – 92Y, New York
- “A More or Less Perfect Union” Series by Judge Douglas Ginsburg also airing on PBS-WXEL this month
- Digital and audiobooks available to King Library
members via the Overdrive App
- Celebrities read children’s stories and present discussions and crafts at Story Online
- A list of more online experiences, courtesy of our friends at Culture Shock Miami
We look forward to providing more updates in the coming weeks and to the day we can welcome you back here at The Four Arts. If you have any questions or concerns regarding recent developments, do not hesitate to contact us at (561) 655-7227 or by sending us an email.
The Society of the Four Arts